Drug Addiction Treatment in Delhi
Our body is a machine that needs proper care and maintenance. It is achieved through optimum nutrition, exercise, and a healthy mindset. Some people try to enhance the body's functioning, mood, and performance through substances. However, the long-term use of these drugs can lead to negative effects on the body and mind.
Only a handful of centres offer drug addiction treatment in Delhi that are well equipped to handle these problems. After all, these are substances one can get addicted to. If the body starts developing tolerance to the drug, which it will, then there are chances of overdosing on the drug, resulting in a fatality. The users must go for an immediate mental health assessment and seek help from a drug abuse centre in Delhi.
Why Do People Use Substances?
Substance misuse and abuse can be linked with several purposes and reasons for use. It can be anything from personal to professional use or for other reasons. Most of the Drug Rehab treatments in Delhi have classified the reasons for drug use in a few pointers. These are reasons for starting the use of the substances or for continued use of the same. When it comes to substances, there is a clear pattern that emerges. Be it with stimulants or opioids or performance enhancers. It starts slowly, and then the body builds tolerance over gradual use, which compels the user to use a larger quantity of drugs. This leads to abuse and addiction. However, not everyone who uses substances will be a part of this cycle. They may have a different plan for their use. Here are a few reasons why people use substances –
- They may try a substance for experimentation
- They can use it for recreational purposes
- They can use it for medical reasons
- They can do it for performance enhancement
- They can use it for improving cognitive and executive functions
- They can use it for body image insecurity purposes
- They use drugs because they are addicted to it
- They use drugs to fit in or rebel or to relieve boredom
- They take drugs to escape from reality and to relax
- They use substances because it is the only way they ever feel alive
When a person starts using the substance, the effects are impressive, and it hooks the person to use more of the substance. But in reality, all it is doing is numbing down all the receptors in the brain. Over time, the prolonged use of the drug numbs down the receptors in the brain, and only the substance affects the brain then.
Types of Substances
Substances can be classified under several categories based on their use and their effects. At a drug addiction treatment centre in Delhi, people with different substance abuse issues come to get their misuse or dependency treated. Few substances take a shorter time to develop an addiction than others. Also, several factors increase the susceptibility and the risk of addiction. These factors are –
- Medical history of the person
- Genetics and family background of drug use
- Psychological complexities of the person
- Symptoms and signs of early use of the substance
- Family involvement, the support system of the person
- Availability of drugs and lack of supervision
- Socio-economic and cultural factors
These factors play a major role in substance abuse and speeding up addiction. Some substances take relatively less time to cause addiction in users than other substances. Substances can also be clubbed with how they are used. The different classifications of substances are –
- Stimulant – This type of substance speed up the central nervous system, speeding up the messaging between the brain and the body. It gives the user a rush and fills them up with a burst of energy and overconfidence. Examples of stimulants are caffeine, nicotine, cocaine, and methamphetamine.
- Opioids – Opioids are substances that have numbing abilities. It is used in painkillers, and it works as a sedative, making it a highly addictive substance. It comes in many forms like morphine, codeine, heroin, opium, sedative painkillers, etc.
- Hallucinogens – Hallucinogens, as the name suggests, are substances that give the feeling of euphoria and alter the user's perception of reality. It causes hallucinations, time distortion, increases anxiety and paranoia, and amplifies sensory effects. LSD, PCP, morning glory are examples of such substances.
- Inhalants – Several substances can be abused by inhaling their fumes or using the same solvents to have short-term effects. Inhalants have short highs and thus compel the user to misuse the substance repeatedly. Solvents, paint thinners, nitrous oxide, correction fluids are all inhalants that users misuse.
- Steroids/PEDs – Performance Enhancing Drugs and steroids have short-term effects like boosting physical performance and increasing muscle growth, but have several long-term complexities like dependencies and heart failures, collapsed veins, or muscle tears. Anabolic steroids, designer steroids, human growth hormone, Creatine, Androstenedione are all Performance Enhancement Drugs that have several negative long-term effects on the user.
- Depressants – Depressants are the opposite of stimulants; they slow down the functioning of the central nervous system of a person, delaying the messaging between the body and the brain. This results in lowered inhibitions, lack of coordination, delayed response, impaired functioning, and a sense of relaxation in the user. Alcohol, Cannabis, Nicotine, Xanax, and sedatives are examples of depressants.
- Dissociatives – Dissociatives are substances that give the user a feeling of detachment from their body and surroundings. It causes mania, sensory distortion, amnesia, and euphoria. Magic mushroom, angel dust, Ketamine, and salvia are dissociative substances.
- Cannabis – Marijuana or cannabis is one of the top addictive drugs after alcohol and tobacco. It is used widely for relaxation, changes in perception, reducing anxiety and panic. It is addictive, and the users develop a tolerance after repeated use of this drug. Examples include Marijuana, hashish, charas, and bhang.
Treatment for Substance Abuse
When a person has substance use disorder, they must check and control the use of that substance. It might not necessarily mean that they are addicted to the substance. A person can get the right option through a drug abuse treatment centre in Delhi. Several of these treatments are usually a mix of two or more combinations of different methods. The type of treatment and the methods used depend on the counsellor or doctor overseeing the patient. Few of these methods are –
- REBT – Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy is a type of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy that focuses on changing our thinking to change our emotions and behaviour. This therapy allows a person to isolate and understand the cause of their addiction and change those thoughts through different therapy techniques.
- Psychotherapy – Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is a widely spread and effective therapy used in substance addiction. It allows the patient and the therapist to communicate and talk about the issues bothering the patient and enables them to find a way to tackle those issues and face the challenges.
- EMDR Therapy – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy is a well-researched method that helps a person tackle their trauma, anxiety, depression, and panic disorder that has developed along with their substance abuse.
- Pharmacotherapy – Pharmacotherapy is the use of medication in the process of withdrawal and recovery. Several medications are used to reduce cravings and the effects of substances on the body and mind. It is effective, and the person can shift towards a medication-free recovery once their symptoms show changes.
- Detoxification Therapy – Detoxification therapy is one of the primary treatments a user undergoes in a drug detoxification centre in Delhi. It is the removal of the drugs from a person's body with or without medical intervention. A person exhibits withdrawal symptoms that can be managed with the help of a medical supervisor.
- Dialectic Behaviour Therapy – DBT is another form of CBT that focuses on changing self-harm and self-destructive behaviours. This includes the risk of suicide, substance abuse, regulating emotions, and other issues.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is one of the most widely used therapies that help a person to manage their problem through changing the ways they think and behave. It is used in different treatments. Self-directed CBT has also been found to be very effective among patients.
One thing that needs to be addressed is when it comes to therapy, the one size fits all approach does not work here. Individuals have different problems, and their treatments also entail different therapies and methods of treatment. You must consult with a doctor or a therapist from a reputed centre offering drug addiction treatment in Delhi to know about the right type of treatment for your addiction.
SimranShri Rehabilitation Centre – Prioritizing Health and Wellness
With over 30 years of experience in de-addiction treatment, the medical team at SimranShri is one of the best among all the drug addiction treatments in Delhi. With a scientific approach that empowers natural healing, we ensure that each patient goes through a meticulously planned system that enables them to understand their emotions and behaviour and curb their substance use.
Men suffer a lot from substance addiction, and these numbers touch the sky, especially in Delhi and NCR. One of the misconceptions about substance use is that it improves creativity Alas, the reality could not be further from the truth. Substance use does not facilitate long-term creativity or performance enhancement. It makes a person more dependent on substances and numbs their cognitive, physical, and sensory functioning. This is dangerous as it can develop into other mental and behavioural disorders like depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, and personality disorders. Tackling substance use and abuse is tricky because it involves acknowledging the person that there is a problem. This is dealt with efficiently with counselling for drug addiction. Our team is dedicated to uprooting the stigma associated with substance abuse and preventing its use in men. This is done through the various services offered to the residents at our rehabilitation centre –
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Drug Addiction Treatment
- Withdrawal Management
- Detoxification Services
- 12 Step Programs
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Depression Counselling
- Just For Today Sessions
- Dance Sessions
- Yoga and Meditation Sessions
- Life Management Sessions
- Values and Morals Sessions
These sessions, therapies, and treatments aid in understanding the causes behind substance abuse and bring a positive change in the individual's mindset. With a developed sense of self and increased self-esteem and willpower, the person can avoid any further distractions they may come in their life.
Do not wait for your loved ones to hit rock bottom. One day delayed is one moment lost. Reach out to us to know more about substance abuse and get help for your loved ones. Please give them a gift of healthy living, let them see the world without the foggy goggles of substances, and help them rejuvenate themselves. The first step to recovery is always the hardest, but with us at SimranShri, the best drug rehab centre, you will soar high, not on any substance, but the positivity brought about by yourself in your life.