Food plays a very important role in an individual's overall mental health development. It endures stamina and increases concentration & ability to focus. Eases depression and helps new brain cells grow over some time. Moreover, mental health screening is a kind of exam that helps in the emotional screening of an individual.
As many types of mental health disorders involve:
- Depression and mood disorders. These mental illnesses vary from normal unhappiness. It causes extreme mood swings, frustration, and anger. Hence requires mental health screening.
- Anxiety disorders derive from a situation when one overthinks and stresses too much over a particular case or event. There are many common occurrences in daily activities that one connects to and gets flashbacks that trigger anxiety.
- Eating disorders: These disorders cause compulsive ideas and behaviours linked to food and body image. Eating disorders may force people to hardly limit the quantity of food they eat, overly overeat (binge), or do a variety of both. However, there are many foods to boost your brain and memory.
- ADHD is one of the most typical mental disorders in children. It can also persist into adults. People with ADHD face problems and reflect in trouble making a decision.
- PTSD: PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This condition can occur after you live through a traumatic life, such as a war or extreme accident. Hence, people with PTSD feel overwhelmed and afraid, even long after the threat is over, such mental health conditions repeat over time.
- Substance abuse disorders. These conditions involve excessive use of alcohol or drugs. People with substance misuse are at risk for overdose and death.
- Bipolar disorder is formerly called manic depression. Individuals with bipolar disorder have alternating episodes of mania (extreme highs) and despair.
- Schizophrenia and psychotic disorders: These are among the most severe psychiatric conditions. They can force individuals to visit, listen, and assume things that aren't really in mental health organisations.
Know Your Mental Health by Getting Screening: Boost Brain Function
Good mental health does not require assessment. Also, there isn't a standard test that could determine if you're 100% mentally sound or have a mental disease. Instead, following conducting a comprehensive assessment, a psychological or medical professional will issue a diagnosis of mental illness, including the combination of questions that need to be answered effectively. However, the first thing to do when you are worried about just the symptoms of depression you are displaying is to talk to your physician about obtaining a mental health evaluation. The initial stage of depression counselling includes a physical examination, lab tests, questionnaires, and interviews. These are some parameters where one can evaluate why you need mental health screening.
Consider these explanations for the examination during your initial consultation:
- What symptoms of mental illness do you have?
- What have you been suffering with regarding ideas, emotions, or actions?
- Seems to have a specific incident, such as the loss of a loved one, caused these illnesses?
- What do you do when experiencing the signs, and how frequently do you experience them?
- What is the duration of the diagnosis?
- It could be beneficial to keep a diary inside the days a week or before your mental health examination.
- Bringing a relative or friend who could relate to your mental illness issues from their point of view may also be helpful.
- Write additional notes regarding the student's growth if the inspection concerns a teenager. Perhaps they should consult their professors.
12 Foods TO Boost Brain Function
The food for mental health that we consume can significantly impact the structure of our brain function, allowing us to think wisely and differently. The brain is an energy-intensive organ and thus requires a lot of energy resources for better functioning. It also requires certain nutrients to stay healthy and increase focus throughout the day with the help of food that boosts mental health.
Some of the essential foods that boost brain health are:
- Oily fish: Fish is a great source of omega3 supplement that helps improve skin and hair loss.
- Dark Chocolate: Effects of dark chocolate on the brain; after individuals had chocolate with at least 70% cacao, the researcher utilised imaging techniques to examine activity in the brain. Hence according to the researchers, consuming this particular type of chocolate may enhance brain flexibility, which is essential for learning, and offer additional advantages for the brain.
- Berries: It contains flavonoid and antioxidants, which helps eliminates reduction of age; it also helps maintain better brain communication and reduces stress, category of food that enhances brain health
- Nuts and Seeds: Great source of vitamin- E, vitamin D & Mental health which helps in older age.
- Coffee is a well-known antioxidant aid; it helps eliminate diseases, such as food supporting good mental health.
- Whole nuts
- Soy Products
Empowering Youth to Be Aware of Mental Health Food for mental illness
Numerous dietary supplements boost brain function. Food plays a major role in keeping a brain healthy. It also helps in concentration. About 60% of your brain is made of fat, and half of that fat includes omega-3 fatty acids. A major building block of the brain. Omega-3s play a function in sharpening memory and improving mood, as well as protecting your brain against mental deterioration. Food to boost mental health and memory that is a rich source of essential nutrients
Trusted Mental Health Services Near You
Simranshri Rehabilitation Centre is one of the pre-eminent wellness Centres that fix your drug addiction and mental health-related problems. That knows you better than you know yourself and also provides food that improves mental health. Even before addressing concerns, our counsellors know better what it is that an individual is failing to express through diagnosis and therapies. The mental health assessment takes a 360-degree analysis of each case that comes. They are undoubtedly dedicated to results that help in dragging the addiction-related worries with the help of mental health assessments.
Simran Shri rehabilitation provides best-in-class counselling and treatment for mental health disorders. They cater to the following services that play a most important role in screening and dedicated recovery of mental health disorders:
- Exposure therapy
- Behavioural and CBT sessions
- One-on-one counselling sessions
- Group therapy
- Pick and drop facility
- Mental health doctors
- Food for mental wellness