Experiencing anxiety occasionally in day-to-day life is normal. Individuals suffering from anxiety feel intense and excessive worry or fear persistently in everyday situations. Anxiety disorders often involve experiencing severe anxiety or fear that peaks within minutes - also known as panic attacks. These feelings interfere with the individual's daily activities and are difficult to manage. One might begin avoiding places or situations to prevent these feelings. Early anxiety disorder symptoms can be traced back to childhood or adolescence that later become prominent in adulthood.
Anxiety disorders include generalized anxiety disorder, specific phobia, social anxiety disorder, and separation anxiety disorder. One can suffer from more than one anxiety disorder. At times, medical conditions that need treatment are also a cause of anxiety disorder.
Whichever form of anxiety you suffer from, the best anxiety disorder treatment can effectively help you
Some common signs and symptoms of anxiety include:
● Nervousness, restlessness, or tension
● Urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
● Increased heart rate
● Rapid Breathing (hyperventilation)
● Sense of impending danger, panic, or doom
● Fatigue or weakness
● Trouble sleeping
● Experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problems
● Difficulty concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry
● Difficulty in controlling worry
Your fears or worries might not disappear in time, it tends to worsen over time if you don’t seek professional help. Get the best anxiety disorder treatment if you experience the following -
● You feel that your worries affect your work, relationship, and other important aspects of life.
● Your anxiety is so upsetting and you don’t have control over it.
● You feel depressed or have other mental conditions along with anxiety.
● You have started drug or alcohol intake as means of escape.
● You believe that your anxiety is associated with a physical health problem.
● You have suicidal ideation - seek immediate help in this condition.
Seeking treatment at the earliest is beneficial for the individuals; it is linked to faster recovery and long-lasting treatment. If you relate to any of the signs mentioned above or know somebody is struggling with them, visit a mental health professional.
If your symptoms are manageable and do not require help from mental health professionals, you can change your lifestyle to get control over anxiety. Here are some of the lifestyle modifications that can serve as anxiety treatment without medication-
● Exercise - develop a physically active routine for at least 4-5 days a week. Exercise helps bust stress and anxiety by regulating one's mood. Please give it a slow start and gradually increase the intensity and frequency of physical activity.
● Avoid alcohol or drug intake- it might feel like a medium of relaxation, but these worsen the symptoms in the long run. If you cannot cut down the intake, see your healthcare professional.
● Quit smoking and drinking caffeinated beverages- Both are known to aggravate anxiety symptoms.
● Practice relaxation and stress management techniques - meditation, visualization techniques, and yoga are stress management and relaxation techniques that help individuals with anxiety.
● Prioritize sleep - Get 8-10 hours of sound sleep daily. Eliminate the distractors and make sure you get adequate sleep and feel rested.
● Eat Healthily- Follow a balanced diet, and restore nutritional deficiencies. Healthy eating helps to fight disorders of all kinds.
Severe anxiety cannot be dealt with alone; you need the support of mental health professionals. If you relate to the before-mentioned signs for seeking professional help, you mustn't wait to seek help. The Best Anxiety treatment centre will first diagnose your anxiety by,
● Psychological evaluation- discussing the feelings, thoughts, and behaviour to diagnose other related complications that can coexist with anxiety. Individuals with anxiety often suffer from depression and substance use disorders.
● Comparing symptoms to the DSM criteria- Mental health professionals refer to the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM) to diagnose mental disorders.
The diagnosis step leads to treatment; it consists of psychotherapy and medications. A combination of the two is used to devise an anxiety disorder treatment plan that meets the diagnostic needs of the individual.
Psychotherapy or psychological counselling entails working with a psychologist to ease anxiety symptoms. It is an indispensable part of the best anxiety disorder treatment. Cognitive-behavioural therapy is the most effective form of counselling dealing with anxiety disorders. Even a short-term treatment can equip you with the skills to ease your symptoms and return to your daily routine and activities that one has been avoiding. Cognitive-behavioural therapy also includes exposure therapy, which facilitates one to face the situations, places, or objects that trigger anxiety. It enables the individuals to gather strength to address their inhibitions and anxiety symptoms. Best stress management counselling
Medications are used to relieve anxiety symptoms, depending on the type of anxiety disorder, comorbid conditions, and health issues. These medications commonly include,
● Buspirone (anti-anxiety medications)
● Sedatives or benzodiazepines are also prescribed in limited cases. These medications provide short-term relief to anxiety symptoms; these cannot be used long-term.
Now that you recognize the signs and symptoms of anxiety and the best anxiety disorder treatment help yourself and those in need to combat anxiety. Together we can fight the stigma around mental disorders and find a way to a stress-free and healthy life.