Opioids bind to proteins named opioid receptors on nerve cells in the brain; when this happens, the opioids block pain messages and discomfort sent from the body parts such as the spinal cord, gut, and other body parts, through the spinal cord to the brain. Opioids are mainly narcotics or medicines that doctors prescribe to ease the pain from serious injuries, accidents, or patients recovering from surgery or who have cancer. The risk of Opioid addiction occurs if there is long-term pain and injury as it helps heal the same.
What Is An Opioid, And What Effect Does It Have On The Body?
Opioid addiction is a powerful medicine that helps heal the pain from the worsts injury or individual recovering from prolonged illness, such as cancer, pain from severe accidents, major sports injury, etc.; opioids carry many risks. Some are life-threatening also and can be overly addictive.
Effect Of The Opioids In The Body
- It contains drowsiness, mental fog, and nausea and causes slow breathing.
- Dizziness and constipation.
- Sleep disorders (Difficulty initiating sleep) such as transient insomnia.
- Craving and sweating
- Small pupils, Sensitivity to pain
- Physical dependence
Types Of Opioids Used In Treatment For Opioid Dependence.
Opioids are highly addictive, It activates the powerful reward centers in the brain and triggers the effects in the brain caused by opioid addiction.
Get Rid Of Opiate Addiction By Using Effective Rehabilitation Program.
- Behavioral counseling and behavioral treatment techniques use reinforcement punishment, shaping the behavioral aspect of the patient, modeling, and connected strategies to alter demeanor. These methods benefit from being positively focused and delivering fast and practical results to promote healthy life skills.
- Medication: Medication is the common method to treat patients dealing with intense addiction patterns and treatment for opioid dependence.
- Medical devices and applications are utilized to treat withdrawal signs or provide skills exercise.
- Evaluation and treatment for co-occurring mental health issues such as depression and anxiety in Opioid Use disorder treatment.
Opioid addiction treatment and how prevalent its recovery is?
Over 93% of the world market which is the largest producer of opiates, is Afghanistan. The age group between 8.4% to 11.6% who consume opioids in a month is prone to develop mental health issues such as Depression. The longer someone is under the influence of an opioid, the longer they are prone to develop a risk of stress and anxiety. It is also considered a substance that is a pain killer.
Treatments for opioid dependence are:
- CBT(Cognitive Behavioural techniques) is a valuable treatment tool that helps recover intense opioid dependence.
- Medication: Medication for OUD consists of a form of the first line of treatment; the choice is everywhere, including pharmacotherapy and clinical manifestations.
- Family counseling and treatment: It's a type of psychological counseling (Psychotherapy) that can help members improve the line of communication among each other. However, it's important to have a clear understanding.
- Detoxification: Acute intoxication and withdrawal are a part of the detoxification process. It helps eliminates toxic food from the body through kidney detoxification and cleansing of the liver.
- Group Therapy: Comprehensive treatment plan focuses on interacting with people individually and interpersonal relations on social interactions.
Some of the detoxification methods are:
- Consume warm water with lemon Juice.
- Switch Caffeinated Drinks With Green Tea.
- Ignore packaged food and drinking.
- Body purification with detox water and food.
- 6-8 hours of sleep
Risks And Symptoms Of Opioid Addiction
Some of the risks associated with opioid dependence:
- Personality traits: Behaviour changes such as mood swings and physical symptoms like gaining weight, sleep, changes in energy level, lying, and extreme changes in the mood.
- Mental health disorders: Mental health issues, such as aggression, anxiety, depression, and fear.
- Developmental factors: That influence social acceptance and emotional and intellectual development.
- Social Factors: Social factors include lifestyle and social acceptance in society.
Drug awareness program and addiction services
Many drug centers are operating and delivering supervision of Integrated Rehabilitation Centres for a patient dealing with addiction, such drugs as opioids, cannabis, heroin, cocaine, ganja, and Alcohol addiction, morphine addiction. They provide a complete streamlined program for substance use and treatment for opioid dependence. SimranShri rehabilitation provides top-notch services by ensuring that patients' and family needs are met.
What are the stages of rehab?
Stages of Rehabilitation
- Phase 1 - Swelling And Control Pain
- Phase 2 - Improve Range of Motion and Flexibility.
- Phase 3 - Improve Strength & Begin Proprioception/Balance Training.
- Phase 4 - Proprioception/Balance Training & Sport-Specific Training.
- Phase 5 - Gradual Recovery to Full Activity.
Some of the benefits they offer are among the chosen which help as an intermediary for treatment of opioid addiction recovery:
- De-addiction treatment
- In-patient and out-patient services
- 24x7 Pick and drop facility
- In-house doctors visit
- Psychiatrists counseling
- Group therapy sessions
- Behavioral Therapy
- Opioid addiction