More than 267 million people in INDIA consume tobacco; 28.6% of the population uses tobacco products. Teenagers between 13-15 years use tobacco. It is also a high form of nicotine dependence. The tobacco epidemic is one of the biggest threats to the nation and a very concerning public health issue.
Side Effects Of Tobacco Addiction On Your Body?
Before consuming tobacco, many foreseeable options are hazardous to health; some are threats to life. Smokers are also at risk of experiencing several health problems, including Concerns involving the heart and blood vessels. Respiratory or lung problems, such as asthma or excessive coughing. Certain types of cancers, including lung cancer.
Some Side Effects Of Tobacco Addiction On Your Body Are:
- Cancer is one of the common forms of disease observed in tobacco addict patients.
- Lung diseases such as bronchiolitis, desquamative interstitial pneumonitis, acute eosinophilic pneumonia, and interstitial fibrosing lung diseases
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis, conditions where the lung air sacs get damaged.
- Heart diseases, multiple blockages by narrowing the arteries.
- Diabetes mellitus: Chronic disease which affects the blood sugar level.
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes also affect the organs such as the kidney and pancreas. It is a kind of condition where the body is not able to produce much Insulin.
- Reproductive organ effects in females
- Dental Problems
- Hearing Loss
- Premature and low birth weight
- Blindness and Cataracts
- Age-related macular Degeneration
Symptoms Of Tobacco Precontemplation
- Smoking Cessation: It is a process in which an individual wants to quit smoking. It takes a treatment plan to come out of it. Motivational techniques such as nicotine replacement therapy can help patients choose sobriety.
Identification of the smoker and his willingness to quit: It is very important to realize the prerequisites before researching the patient. It is important to conduct nicotine assessment tests or Fagerstrom tests for proper diagnosis of nicotine; the information will give insights into the patient smoking history and how much his physical dependence is on nicotine, and then examine the patient's readiness to choose a tobacco de-addiction.
Precontemplation stage: No intention of getting better; it is a stage in which a person administers by reaching the possibility, where the patient knows that smoking is a problem that needs dire attention. In the pre-contemplation phase, individuals are not thinking seriously about changing and are not interested in any help.
- People in this stage tend to defend their current bad habits and do not consider this concerning. They may be defensive in the face of other people's efforts to pressure them to change.
- Nicotine replacement: Nicotine replacement is the practice by which patients get in the form of tobacco de-addiction. Following various mediums to quit, such as nicotine replacement by any delivery system, has been shown to fold the smoking cessation rate. Nowadays, four forms of nicotine delivery are in the public interest: patch, gum, inhaler, and nasal spray. Some data indicate that utilizing a combination of delivery modes, such as the gum and the patch, may be useful in heavily nicotine-dependent smokers. Nicotine replacement is prompted on the quit date.
Common Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms
- Mouth Ulcers
- Anxiety and depression
- Nicotine Cravings
- Hunger or increase in appetite
- Insomnia, Anger
- Frustration and stress
There are many possible causes of nicotine withdrawal, but these are some of the more challenging ones. Many tobacco de-addiction centers are conducting research and awareness campaigns regarding the illicit usage of tobacco addiction through ethnographic research and are helping patients combat this situation.
What Are The Stages Of Tobacco Addiction?
- Pre-contemplation: Not necessarily thinking about quitting tobacco undoubtedly defends their smoking habits. They can feel disheartened by prior efforts to prevent smoke or think they are too hooked to ever give it up. It seems unlikely that communications regarding the overall health benefits of stopping smoking will be very well received by these smokers. But the vast majority of "pre-contemplators" soon start having symptoms of withdrawal.
- Contemplation: Smokers are contemplating quitting now or shortly at this point (probably six months or less). They view smoking as a problem that needs fixing and are more conscious of the personal costs. As a result, individuals are more inclined to learn about tobacco and understand the barriers that stand in their way of stopping.
- Preparation: Preparing to quit, halfway through the journey, getting ready to stop, half For example, they might be smoking fewer cigarettes while they are just beginning to plan. They make statements like, "This is real. something will have to alter," but they'll also set a withdrawal date. Through the journey of smoking cessation in small steps.
- Action and maintenance: Final taking action to quit, formulating a short-term plan to keep themselves motivated, and take action keeping intact with their social circle as well, putting family and friends first. They have learned to handle the situation on fairgrounds and encourage each other to discuss things.
Tobacco-free life: start today and live longer.
By encouraging each other to take responsibility for their health, and stay sober there’s always a new chance to administer and surrender to the needs and requirements of family and friends. There is the best tobacco de-addiction treatment center that helps in the whole recovery from nicotine dependence.
Ultimate Treatment To Quit Smoking Tobacco Through Tobacco Cessation Program
The Tobacco cessation program strives to help smokers to enhance their capability to become and stay nicotine-free. The general purpose of the plan is to generate awareness of and encourage the premature prevention of respiratory and other connected disorders through counseling, consultation, and treatment of smoke.
There are many rehabilitation centers in India, that are running campaigns again tobacco addiction and educating people about the side effects of tobacco addiction on your body. Televised antismoking campaigns provide an effective population-wide method of preventing smoking uptake, promoting adult smoking cessation, and reducing adult smoking prevalence. One of the best tobacco de-addiction centers in India Simran Suri rehabilitation center provides best-in-class programs for patients struggling with addiction in India such as a tobacco cessation program.
Some of the services that they provide are:
- 24x7 In-Patient and Out-Patient services
- Tobacco de-addiction center
- In-house doctors visit
- Mental health counseling and therapy
- Group Therapy
- Smoking cessation program