Schizophrenia is a severe mental illness that causes its victims to be unaware about reality. Illusions, delusions, and profoundly illogical ideas and behaviors are some symptoms of schizophrenia that can be incapacitating and make it difficult to carry out daily chores. Schizophrenia patients need ongoing treatment. Before serious issues arise, early therapy may presumably keep symptoms tolerable and may enhance the long-term prognosis.
SOME WARNING OF SCHIZOPHRENIA
- Depression and social withdrawal
- Excessive reaction to criticism
- Disintegration of personal hygiene
- No gaze
- Unable to express emotions
- Excessive sleep or insomnia
- Lack of concentration
- Forgetful behavior
SYMPTOMS OF SCHIZOPHRENIA
- Target particular gestures or remarks because you feel frightened or tortured
- Delusions are seen in the majority of schizophrenia patients.
- A person with schizophrenia exhibits all of an ordinary event's force and impact. Even though hallucinations can take many different forms, having them is the most common.
- Disorganized cognition from the chaotic speech. Questions are partially or completely unanswered, which impedes clear communication.
- Extreme disorder or strange movement. This can lead to a variety of behaviors, such as childish silliness or illogical agitation. When an action is not focused on a specific goal, it is challenging to accomplish that action. One kind of behavior is being inappropriate or belligerent. Examples of behaviors include disobedience to orders, odd or improper postures, complete lack of response, or unnecessary and excessive activity.
- Negative indicators denote a decreased or nonexistent ability to do routine chores. For instance, they may not practice good personal cleanliness or show emotionlessness through their speech patterns, avoidance of eye contact, or altered facial expressions. The individual may also stop finding enjoyment in ordinary duties, withdraw socially, or become incapable of having fun.
CAUSES OF SCHIZOPHRENIA
The exact reason cause of schizophrenia disease is unknown, it is believed that genetic, physiological, and environmental factors are involved.
- Genetics (heredity): Parents may pass on a predisposition to the development of schizophrenia disease to their children.
- Brain chemistry: People who have schizophrenia may have an imbalance with some compounds in the brain. These substances, also referred to as neurotransmitters, support neural cell communication in the brain. A mismatch in these compounds might hinder the transmission of information and cause symptoms.
- Environmental variables: There is evidence that some environmental factors may contribute to the development of schizophrenia disorder in those who are predisposed genetically to the disorder. These components can include a highly stressful circumstance or poor social ties. At Simran Shri De Addiction Center in Lucknow, we understand the root cause of your illness and provide recovery treatments.
TREATMENT OF SCHIZOPHRENIA
Psychosocial treatment and medical care can be used to treat the problem. The treatment team may also include a therapist, mental nurse and psychiatric nurse.
- Medications: Antipsychotics are medications that are commonly prescribed for schizophrenia, and the brain chemical dopamine aids in symptom management. Antipsychotic drug therapy seeks to effectively treat signs and symptoms while consuming the least amount of medication. Other medications that might be beneficial include antidepressants and medications for anxiety. Before you realize it, the symptoms could get better for a few weeks.
- Hospitalization: In times of crisis or when there are severe symptoms, hospitalization may be necessary to ensure security, enough hydration, rest, and basic cleanliness.
- Electric shock therapy: If drug therapy doesn't work for people with schizophrenia, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) may be an option. ECT might be helpful for someone who also has depression.
GET HELP NOW!
Simran Shri De Addiction Center in Lucknow offers a variety of therapy options for mental health conditions of various shapes and sizes. For patients with schizophrenia, we offer comprehensive rehabilitative therapy, inpatient alternatives, and OPD consultations. At our treatment centers, we work hard to increase the likelihood that you will recover. The rehabilitation approach we adopt focuses on identifying how the condition is affecting your life and removing the obstacles it creates. Come up with your queries and our health experts will address them. You are just a call away!