Nasha Mukti Kendra in Delhi NCR for a Drug-Free Society
The north Indian states of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, and Haryana are troubled with the growth of substance use. People have begun to make a mockery of their health and the system. The rising use of substances has been attributed to the easy availability, flexible regulations, and lack of awareness about substance use. These pave the way for unwanted miscreants polluting society with their toxic product and habit building behaviours.
In July 2021, the police seized more than 350 kilos of opioids from Faridabad, which had more than 2500 crore rupees as its market value. This revealed an international drug racket's operations spread from Europe to Afghanistan to parts of India. This incident only proves one thing – there is no shortage of substances in Haryana. With so many people severely dependent on substances, this brings forward one more question: are there enough Nasha Mukti Kendra In Delhi NCR? If yes, then why are so many people suffering from substance abuse? And if not, then is anyone doing something about it? If we try and answer these ourselves, we will end up the same as the chicken and the egg story. Of course, the main purpose of this write up is not to add to the dilemma but to inform about substance abuse that has been prevalent in this country and the best Nasha Mukti Kendra in Delhi NCR for its treatment. So without further ado, let's begin.
Substance Addiction – What Is It?
A drug is any foreign substance that we put into our body that changes our physical or mental wellbeing. This can be in the form of medicine we take to cure a headache or an illegal pill that we take in rave parties to feel ecstatic. When we take a substance, the chemicals from the substance bind with the receptors in our brain, giving us a feeling of euphoria or high. But that wears off, and our brain craves that hit again. The brain is numbed down with repeated use, and it only responds to the drug. This is how one gets addicted to a substance. Nasha Mukti Kendra in Delhi tries to break this usage pattern and enable a person to live a substance-free life. Substance addiction can happen with different types of substances. These are –
- Opioids – Substances that numb the sensations in the body. These are mostly used as painkillers and are very addictive. Opioids include heroin, codeine, opium, brown sugar and morphine.
- Depressants – These substances do not make a person depressed, like their name. These drugs numb the central nervous system, slowing down the messaging between the brain and the body. Examples of depressants include alcohol, benzodiazepines, cannabis etc.
- Stimulants – Stimulants work as the opposite of depressants, which speeds up the central nervous system, enabling quicker messaging between the body and the brain. Cocaine, methamphetamine, nicotine, cannabis, caffeine are all stimulants. A cocaine rehab centre in Noida helps with addiction of all stimulants.
- Hallucinogens – Hallucinogens produce a hallucinating effect in the users' minds. Their perception of reality changes, and they feel euphoric after taking this drug. It also increases anxiety and aggressiveness in a person. LSD, Ketamine, PCP, magic mushrooms come under this category of substances.
- Inhalants are substances whose fumes are inhaled, and they produce a high for a short duration of time. The user requires frequent hits of this substance to get a good high. Paint thinners, correction fluid, petrol fumes, nitrous oxide are inhalants abused as substances.
- Cannabis – Marijuana or cannabis is the bud of a plant that is dried and smoked to produce a state of relaxation and high. Users feel euphoria after using this substance. Although not fatal, this substance has the most abusers after alcohol and nicotine. Examples of cannabis products include hash, charas, bhang etc.
Nasha Mukti Kendra In Delhi, NCR can successfully treat substance abuse with individualised treatment plans.
Symptoms of Substance Abuse
When a person is dependent on a substance, they exhibit several signs and symptoms. These symptoms are indicative that they require help. They may not say it or even acknowledge the problem, but they must seek help from a Nasha Mukti Kendra in Delhi NCR for drugs. One of the common misconceptions is that drugs increase creativity. The reality could not be further away from the truth. Drugs do not increase creativity; they hamper it. In the longer run, our brains get so dependent on these substances that not receiving a hit causes agitation, anxiety and restlessness – all symptoms of withdrawal. Similarly, when a person is addicted or dependent on a substance, they show certain symptoms like –
- Frequent use of the substance, even multiple times a day
- Unable to stop thinking about using the substance
- Not being able to stop using the substance despite trying
- Continuing to use the substance even when it causes harm to them
- Having problems at work, poor performance due to substance use
- Spending money on the substance even when you do not have it
- Detachment from friends and family or mixing with friends who abuse substances
- Having problems in personal relationships due to substance abuse
- Doing activities under the influence of substances like driving, swimming etc.
- Failing to fulfil family or work obligations due to substance use
- Spending a lot of time recovering from the substance use
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when stopping substance use
Treatment for Substance Addiction
Substance addiction is treated at a Nasha Mukti Kendra In Delhi NCR. There are several treatment methods that a person can choose for their treatment. These methods differ in the level of care and specialisation they provide. Also, when selecting a treatment method, several factors of the patient are considered. These are –
- History of addiction of the patient
- The financial condition of the patient
- The support system of the person
- Presence of mental or behavioural disorders
- Physical conditions of the patient
- The severity of the addiction
- Other external factors
Based on these factors, there are several treatments from which care is provided to the patients. You can call Nasha Mukti Kendra number in Delhi NCR to know more about treatment plans and coping mechanisms. In India, only 3% of the total population dependent on substances receive any form of treatment. The lack of infrastructure and stigma surrounding drug use and abuse pose barriers. The different types of treatment methods are –
- Detoxification Centres – Detoxification centres provide the primary levels of care for substance addiction. Here a person goes through detoxification – removing the drug from the body. This can be done via medical or non-medical methods. The body undergoes withdrawal during this process, which causes sweating, fever, nausea, chills, tremors, agitation, irritation, and severe discomfort. Having a medical supervisor to oversee the process makes it helpful and easier.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Centres – Outpatient rehabs enable a person with substance abuse to continue their life alongside substance abuse treatment. Depending on the severity of the patient, the best treatment for mental health can be done in a hospital, a drug abuse centre or an outpatient clinic.
- At-Home Rehabilitation – At home rehabilitation is a short term set-up that is patient-centric and allows a person to continue functioning with their normal life along with ongoing substance abuse treatment. It is different from outpatient rehabilitation because it will enable the person to stay at home and continue with their life during their treatment.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Centres – Inpatient rehabilitation centres provide the topmost level of care and scrutiny for their patients. Here, patients are confined under supervision and kept under constant monitoring. This level of care is provided to people with severe substance addiction who need long term care. A person cannot leave unless specified by the supervisor otherwise.
- Sober Living homes are residential bridges for people who have undergone addiction treatment and are now trying to re-enter society. These homes teach people aftercare and skills that decrease the chances of relapse.
SimranShri Rehabilitation Centre – Fighting Substance Abuse in Men
Among the several Nasha Mukti Kendra in Delhi NCR, one of the upcoming and dynamic centres fighting against substance abuse is SimranShri Rehabilitation. With a straightforward approach that teaches residents how to combat the use of drugs and live a clean life, our team of medical experts has been deemed the best by the residents' families. With over 30 years of experience in addiction treatment, our doctors and counsellors can effectively treat patients suffering from alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, brown sugar, gutkha, sleeping pills and other addictions. At our rehabilitation centre, we provide the following services –
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Drug Addiction Treatment
- Withdrawal Management
- Detoxification Services
- 12 Step Programs
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Depression Counselling
- Just For Today Sessions
- Dance Sessions
- Yoga and Meditation Sessions
- Life Management Sessions
- Values and Morals Sessions
These services enable the residents to understand the causes of their addiction. It also teaches them to identify and manage these triggers so that their recovery can happen faster. With increased self-awareness and self-esteem, the person can find a new life and a clean start. So call us today and know more about substance use, misuse, abuse and addiction, and help your loved ones get the gift of happier, healthier, and longer life – without the use of any substances.