Drug Addiction: Types, Symptoms And Treatment
The drug, in a layman’s language, refers to any kind of chemical that when enters the human body holds on a physiological and psychological effect in it. Drugs are categorised into legal drugs such as alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine, and illegal drugs such as cocaine, heroin, and cannabis.
Drug abuse or substance use disorder refers to a situation where the intake of drugs increases and a person get prone to it for living. It affects an individual’s behaviour after uncontrollable use of the drug. This usually starts while experimenting with the use of one in social situations, which eventually leads to overdose over the use of the same. The usage of the drug increases over some time. This makes it difficult to go without it for a day.
Drugs And It’s Types
Drugs hold in a variety of types to categorise it into. Every drug has a set of different consequences and symptoms on a human body. Some of the most common drugs are:
- Cocaine is a very commonly used drug that is usually snorted off in the form of a powder. The excessive use of cocaine can cause weight loss.
- Ecstasy is a drug that is also known as the one that holds in Hallucinogenic effect on a human. It is consumed in at parties, or rather rave parties by young adults.
- Heroin is one of the drugs that is considered to be the most adductive on the planet. It is a synthetic imitation of morphine. It leads to not only psychological damage but also causes scabs on the skin.
- Marijuana is one of the most common substances that is used as a drug abuse among youngsters. It is made out of the plant of cannabis and is usually dried up and smoked as “weed” and “pot”.
- Opiate is a type of prescribed drug usually used for pain. Excessive use of this drug is heavily addictive and makes an individual dependent on itself for any kind of pain after some time. There are many types of Opiates such as Codeine, Demerol, Dilaudid, etc.
Symptoms of Drugs on Human Body
There are specific symptoms one can identify in an individual’s behaviour and state it as substance abuse, some of which are:
- An urge to use the drug on a daily and regular basis
- Not being able to function normally physically and mentally without drugs
- Increasing the intake of drug dose after a particular period for the same effect.
- Cutting you socially and not handling the situations responsibly.
- Being a part of dangerous situation under the bad influence or high dose of drugs
- Getting aggressive when not under the dose of drugs
- Red eyes, dry throat and rapid increases in heart rate
- Hallucinating situation that is not even occurring in reality.
- Lack of concentration and thinking ability
- Memory problem.
Treatment Of Drug Addiction
If you or any of your friends or family member is going through the above-mentioned symptoms for a long period now, it is time to get them registered under drug addiction treatment programs at the de-addiction centre for Drugs. We, at Simran Shri, make sure that you get alcohol addiction treatment and drug addiction treatment by best doctors and counsellors who have almost 30 years of experience in proving the same.
It is time to confront the victims and help them get out of horrible condition. They not only need this treatment but also a sense of realisation and support that only their near and dear ones can provide them with. There is also special drug addiction treatment for women available with us too.